Candis R. Jones is an Associate in the Litigation Section of Thomas Kennedy Sampson & Tompkins LLP. Her principal areas of practice include wrongful death, personal injury, medical malpractice, insurance defense, premises liability, contractual relations and employment discrimination.
Candis graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors of Arts Degree in political science from Spelman College in 2006. While at Spelman, she was on the Dean’s List all four years and was recognized by the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
Candis graduated from Georgia State University College of Law in 2011. While attending law school, she was a member of the Georgia State College of Law Moot Court Board and competed in the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition. Candis’ Moot Court team was recognized as having the 5th best brief in the entire competition. During law school, Candis received experience in employment law issues while working at the Atlanta office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. While at the EEOC, she served on the Eleventh Circuit Committee to revise the Pattern Jury instructions on employment related issues.
After law school, Candis served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Clarence Cooper at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Candis is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Georgia.
- Georgia State University College of Law, 2011
- Pro Bono Recognition with High Distinction
- Spelman College, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 2006
- Recognized by Hon. Clarence Cooper for distinguished service as Judicial Law Clerk
- GABWA Leadership Academy – 2009 Class
Activities & Affiliations
- Member, Gate City Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Member, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.